Last Updated: August 1st, 2017
Terms of Website and App Use
In particular we draw your attention to the section on user relationships that explains you alone are responsible for any relationship or arrangement you enter into with other users of the site.
We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
Other Applicable Terms
Information About Us
Our Site is a site operated by The Colony Foundation Limited (we, our or us). We are registered in the Cayman Islands under company number 325182, and have our registered office at 5th Floor, Genesis Building, Genesis Close, PO Box 446, Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
We are a limited company and Colony is our trading name.
Changes to Our Site and Apps
We may update our site and apps from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site or apps may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site and apps, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Site and Apps
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site and apps, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site and apps is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our site or apps without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site or apps are unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site and apps.
Your Account Password, and Passphrase
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password, passphrase or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password or passphrase, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
It is your responsibility to keep your passphrase secure and safe. Should you lose it, we have no ability to recover it nor provide you with access to your account and we will therefore not be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your losing or misplacing your passphrase and your not being able to access your account.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, apps, and their underlying technology. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. This strictly does not include user-generated material uploaded to or created on the site or apps.
You must not use any part of underlying technology for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors or as permitted under these terms.
Limitation of Our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site or apps; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site or in our apps.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of funds, profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or apps or to your downloading of any content on them, or on any website linked to them.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites or apps linked on our site or our apps. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites or apps. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Our Role as Facilitator
We facilitate access to, but we are not responsible for the way users make use of, our site or apps.
We will not be responsible for any disputes that arise in relation to the ownership rights of content uploaded to or created on our site or apps.
This extends to disputes between co-creators and any expected reward for work you carry out at the direction of other members including tokens used within the site or apps or any arrangements external to the site or apps.
You alone are responsible for any relationship or agreement you enter into with other users and we will not intervene in your relationship for whatever reason.
You warrant that you will not seek to involve us in any dispute or hold us liable for any loss whatsoever resulting from your relationship with other users of the site.
Uploading Content to or Creating Content on Our Site
Any content you upload to or create on our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store, and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to other users.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site or apps.
You warrant that you have and will continue to have all necessary rights, consents, licenses and permissions required for other users of the site to collaborate with you and your content. You also agree that you will not upload or create content that contains any third-party copyright material unless you have a formal license or permission.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We do not guarantee that our site or apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes, and platform in order to access our site and apps. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site or apps by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site or apps, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to our site or apps. You must not attack our site or apps via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site and apps will cease immediately.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third Party Links and Resources in Our Site and Apps
Where our site or apps contain links to other sites, apps, and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites, apps, or resources.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Changes to the Terms of Website Use Policy
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our site.
Colony Foundation Limited of c/o McGrath Tonner Corporate Services Limited, 5th Floor, Genesis Building, Genesis Close, PO BOX 446, Grand Cayman, KY1-1106 Cayman Islands ("we" or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is important that you read this Policy so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
The data controller who is responsible for your personal data is Collectively Intelligent Ltd, 3 Butler House, 49-51 Curtain Rd, London, EC2A 3PT.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to your personal data or this Policy, please contact us using the following contact details:
Data Controller: email@example.com
Collectively Intelligent Ltd,
3 Butler House,
49-51 Curtain Rd,
London EC2A 3PT,
Whilst you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Informational Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk), we would like to have a chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND YOUR DUTY TO LET US KNOW OF CHANGES
This Policy was last updated on 29th June 2018. We may need to make updates or changes to this Policy from time to time. We will inform you of any such changes.
Please let us know if your personal data changes during your relationship with us so that we can update our records.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and process the following types of personal data about you:
- Identity Data includes your name, username (or similar identifier), password (where appropriate) title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details, and cryptographic public keys.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of tokens and any other products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access Colony.
- Information we collect about you . With regard to each of your visits to our site, or use of one of our apps (including on third-party sites or platforms, or when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your app registration account), we may automatically collect the following information:
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial and Transaction Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- apply to purchase Colony tokens;
- subscribe to our newsletter mailing list;
- give us feedback
Automated technologies or interactions.As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see below for further details.
Third partiesWe may receive personal data about you from various third parties:
(a) We may receive Technical Data from:
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS
(b) We may receive Contact Data from the following providers of technical services:
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in particular where so required by regulated financial service providers.
We have set out below a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose or Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To process your request to purchase Colony tokens||(a) Identity
(c) Financial Data
(d) Transaction Data
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To send you email newsletters regarding activity and updates about Colony||(a) Identity
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to produce our services in accordance with your requirements and deliver them to you and to recover debts due to us)
|To use data analytics to improve Colony user experience, services, marketing and customer relationships.||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you email newsletters or service updates). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you signed up to our mailing list or newsletter.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Colony for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration or other transactions.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in above.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Policy.
- Google Analytics
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or process, prevent a crime or protect national security.
If you engage, or we reasonably suspect that you are engaging, in any illegal activity, we may disclose your personal information, to the extent we determine in our sole discretion is necessary to cooperate with appropriate authorities.
Although the transmission of data over the internet may be subject to intrusion, we protect your personal data by ensuring we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to avoid unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration or destruction of such Information.
Where we engage third-party contractors, as far as is necessary, we may share Information in order for such parties to perform services on our behalf and in accordance with enforceable confidentiality obligations.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
MAINTENANCE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Please contact us by email, should you wish to:
- Request access to your personal data – enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data – you may correct any inaccuracies or incomplete data although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide.
- Request erasure of your personal data - where there’s no good reason for us to continue to process it, where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your data unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
- Object to processing of your personal data – where we are relying on a legitimate interest and you object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You may also object where we are processing your data for marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data - This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your personal data – you may request that we transfer data to you or a third party. This only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent to our use of your personal data – where we are relying on consent. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing that we carried out before you withdraw consent. If you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide products or services to you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of these rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex in which case we will let you know and keep you updated.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Investment Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
OTHER WEBSITES AND PUBLIC NETWORKS
This Policy applies to our services only. Colony may contain links to third-party websites, plug-ins, public networks and applications over which we have no control. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such websites or networks and we encourage you to review the privacy policies, if any.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the Site for you. You may set up your computer to reject all or some cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
The following cookies are used by us:
- Google Analytics
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time.